SUMMARY OF POSITION
Deliver strategic and tactical HR partnership to Procurri group of companies and oversee the full spectrum of global HR delivery services including Americas, EMEA and APAC regions with approximately 450 global employees.
Oversee and provide local direction to the APAC business entities and server as administrative head of region. Direct and work hand in hand with each department head from respective APAC region to meet core mission and vision of the Organization. This role is tasked for oversight and implementation of APAC strategies to ensure alignment with global initiatives and direction.
Develop, design and implement key HR strategies and initiatives in supporting the overall Group’s business objectives and goals. Serve as a trusted business leader and a subject matter expert on the end to end full spectrum HR functions.
Global HR Director
• Formulate and review HR guidelines and policies supporting regionally diverse employee population across various countries within Americas, EMEA and APAC regions with alignment to Corporate HR policies and compliance with countries’ employment laws and regulations.
• Work closely with the heads of various countries to recommend remuneration packages, performance appraisals, talent management, manpower budgeting and make changes/recommendation to the current HR structure.
• Work with respective countries’ HR team to drive consistency in administering human resource policies and procedures to ensure that employees receive appropriate and reasonable treatment.
• Design employee engagement strategies that improve morale and retention.
• Work collaboratively with management, line managers, HR team, and other stakeholders to build a culture of excellence and innovation
• Partner with various key stakeholders to provide strategic and operational HR advices to address core business needs.
• Introduce and implement best practice and relevant strategies to business leaders to achieve business unit’s strategic objectives
• Develop career development strategies to proactively identifies and monitors top talent to ensure that the "right people" are in the "right positions" to support growth initiatives for the organization.
• Partner with various key stakeholders to understand core capabilities needed to drive the business and translates into actionable developmental programs for the business units.
• Identify key engagement drivers and develops the supporting strategies to align people, processes, and work-related systems in order to achieve meaningful levels of job satisfaction and retention for employee base.
• Participate and lead ongoing HR projects and “change management” initiatives
• Review and harmonize compensation and benefit strategies and practices across the various countries and participate in industry salary survey and biennial benchmarking exercises to ensure competitiveness within industries
• Lead the group by leading and overseeing a variety of strategic people initiatives that span across the organization.
• Work closely with internal legal and local counsel to ensure compliance with countries’ labor law in relation to Corporate/staff affairs matters.
• Handle Remuneration Committee and Board of Directors in listed matters and implementing HR initiatives providing consultation as required.
• Advise and manage compensation and benefits for Management and board of directors
• Coordinate development and communication of key performance goals for direct reports from HR, operations, warehouse, IT, marketing and sales.
• Review and approve certain transactions and operational practices with APAC from business perspective. Including but not limited to cash disbursements, employment contracts, customer and vendor agreements, local policies and operating procedures, etc..
• Oversee and direct key hiring and talent development programs in the organization.
• Oversee and direct the daily operations within APAC entities in accordance with the direction of established strategic plans
• Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with local laws and regulations within respective geographic locations.
• Support staff and talent development. enhance efficiency and advise management on how to improve profitability for overall APAC business.
• Establish and create good working environment and relationship with all key stakeholders in the organization in order to promote great performance and positive morale
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Master’s Degree / Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management
• proven track record of business partnering with senior leadership team to craft out new, innovative and forward-thinking HR strategies globally
• General knowledge of respective countries’ employment laws and regulations
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• People engagement abilities to work with all levels of the organisation and diverse culture
• Strong leadership, strategic mindsets and analytical skills
• Able to perform under pressure with a good sense of urgency in a fast pace environment
• Adaptable and versatile in order to be able to take on the variety the role brings
• Dynamic, self-motivated and assertive individual
• A structured fast learner with an eye for details
• Reliable with high integrity
• Numerically inclined with Microsoft Excel skills
• Min 15 years of progressive experience in human resources and leadership role
• Regional exposure to US, UK, APAC and SEA
• Prior experience from SGX public listed company environment
• Experience from IT industry is an added advantage.